Thursday, September 25, 2014

Preppy Faux Fall Pumpkins~DIY Harvest Decor!


 
Hello everyone! If you didnt see my guest post on the amazing BeBetsy Blog, here it is!!  I was so honored to have been approached by the two lovely gals that run BeBetsy so, thanks Sharon and Denise, you gals rock!  Today I am sharing my DIY Faux Pumpkins with you all...a little bit of "preppy", mixed with a splash of "glam" and topped with some fabulous burlap.  What's not to love? 

 

 
I don't know about anyone else, but I am just a little in love with the Fall season...okay, I'm OBSESSED!  It's my absolute favorite time of year.  Even though the weather has literally been humid and scorching here in Tennessee, I can't help but to start pulling out all of my Fall and Halloween décor.  As I was decorating with what I have, I realized I was in need of a cute decorated faux pumpkin. 
 
 I tell myself every year, while strolling through Hobby Lobby and admiring their stash of different colored and shaped faux pumpkins, "next year I am buying some of those!".  Finally, I stuck to my word and bought some.  To make it even better, they were 40% off!
 


 
Here is what I used to create these fun and preppy pumpkins:
  • Faux Pumpkin
  • Acrylic Craft Paint
  • A Sharpie Paint Pen {used for the smaller dots, but a tiny paint brush will work too}
  • A Round Spouncer Sponge used for the dots {found in the stencil section of your local craft store}
  • Burlap Ribbon {I purchased both patterns from Hobby Lobby}
  • A Sheet of Gold Glitter Paper...this stuff was really neat.  The back of the glitter sheet is canvas, so it's real easy to work with. {I found this in the same section you would find felt}
  • Hot Glue Gun/Glue Sticks {For attaching the glitter dots and creating/attaching your burlap bow}
  • Black Adhesive Vinyl and Transfer Tape used for the lettering
  • Cutting Machine~I used my Silhouette Portrait.  **If you don't have a cutting maching, no worries!  You can use stencils or even freehand your phrase/monogram**

 
 

 
I am so very pleased with how these came out!  This was my very first project, EVER, using vinyl.  I was scared, needless to say, because I thought I was going to completely mess these up.  Let's just say I was jumping up and down after I was finished.  Wouldn't these make cute gifts?  I actually gave the "Happy Harvest" pumpkin to my little sister, who calls herself "creatively challenged".  She loved it and I'm kinda jealous she gets to keep it!  

 
So, who are you going to make one for?  Oh, the design possibilities are endless!  I would love to make a chevron pumpkin, because who doesn't love a little {okay, A LOT} chevron. Thanks so much for letting me share Preppy Faux Fall Pumpkins with you all, I hope you try to create some fun & fab pumpkins of your own. Toodles and Happy Harvest!
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment