Sunday, August 31, 2014

Glass Jar MUMMY Tea Light Holders-DIY Halloween Decor!

 
 
Guess what??  Its ALMOST Fall, Y'all! My absolute FAVORITE time of the year...especially for some great DIY'S!

One day, while cruising around Pinterest {shocker, right??}I found many different variations of mummy and ghost jars.  Here is my quick and thrifty rendition...
 
What you'll need:
  • Some old glass jars {I used old spaghetti jars...I always save them because you never know when you'll need them}
  • White Craft paint
  • Black Spray Paint {I used good 'ol Chalkboard Paint because that's what I had on hand}
  • Painters Tape
  • Cheese Cloth {You can find it at any craft store...probably even the Dollar Store}
 
I used different sized jars, to give them different shapes.  Before you paint them, make sure to clean with soap and water and dry completely.  Then, cut circles out of your painters tape for the eyes and position them where you want them.



This is what it looks like once you paint and peel off your tape.  To make the middle of the eye ball, I just dipped an eraser tip in black craft paint and made a dot. I didn't take pictures of the rest of the process, but all you need to do to complete your Mummy Tea Light Holders, is paint the INSIDE of the jar only where the eyeballs are, with white craft paint.  Do a sheer coat, so you can see the light from your candles shining through.  Then wrap with your cheese cloth and you are done!
 
 
This is what you have when you are done!  I suggest using the battery operated tea lights since there is fabric wrapped around the outside...you can never be too careful!  I can't wait to light these babies up when it gets dark!  The light from the tea lights should eerily glow through the eyeballs:)
 
 
 How cute would these be to give as gifts?  I have a TON of glass jars...it's kind of a "hoarding" problem...but I know they will ALWAYS be used! I hope you liked this fun DIY post, because you can't beat quick and thrifty projects...will you be making some?  This would be a fun project to do with kids...Enjoy and, as always, thanks so much for stopping by!
 

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment