Friday, August 1, 2014

Toddler Room Revamp, DIY Projects and Gallery Walls...Oh My!

Let me start out by saying "THIS ISHHHH CRAY".  Yep, my dining room table...{okay, okay, for those of you who know me, lemme rephrase that}...my CRAFT table looks like it threw up on itself!  Usually, it only looks like this around the holidays, or around one of my kids birthday parties.  But this gal is in MAAAAD crafting/DIY mode.  The ideas are flowing like a great tasting wine and nothing can stop me now...except for bedtime.  Even then, my mind doesn't stop.  You know how it goes....laying in bed with my screen dimmed, searching like a crazed animal through Pinterest...before I know it, it's almost midnight!  Eeeeeek!


I have a ton of different projects and ideas swirling around in my head for an upcoming Artisan Craft Show I plan on participating in.  Not to mention, I also plan on FINALLY adding things to my ETSY shop, since I have had my "ETSY icon" up on my blog for probably welllll over 6 months now.  Seriously, where does the time go?? One of the fabulously FUN projects I decided to start is painting my son's plain wooden blocks...

He received a set of letter/number blocks for his birthday from his Aunt Caroline, and he's really digging them! Plays with them all day...I have been holding out on these blocks below, because he would throw them around.  Now that he is getting older and understands how to stack them, I thought painting them with cool designs would make it more interesting and creative for him.  There are a TONNN of blocks, so this is one of those ongoing, "when I get that crafting itch" projects.  My sister has painted some too...I can't wait to blog about them when they are all complete:)


More crafting for the Artisan Craft Show...


Here is a quick peek at some of the wall art and frames I am painting for my son's gallery wall I am creating.  I really want to vamp up his room so I thought a DIY gallery wall would be perfect.  Why haven't I thought of doing this sooner??  I am actually going to create "Gallery Wall bundles" when I start my ETSY shop, more deets on that later:)


Here is Bryson's room, this is back when he was a newborn and still had his mobile up.  Aw, I miss him being so tiny!!  But I plan on putting his Gallery Wall above his crib and taking down his letters.  Oh, I worked so hard on those letters, but maybe we will put them somewhere else in his room. Let's not get started on the wall with the alphabet canvases...I painted those too and they took FOREVER.  You can't tell in the picture, but each letter has 2 or 3 different colors and very detailed designs on them. I haven't quite decided what to do with that wall yet...


I really want to create something like this, from Pottery Barn.  


If you don't want to spend a TON of money on Pottery Barn's version, check out this post from Lipstick and Sawdust.  She gives a great step-by-step tutorial on how to make one for only $45!  And if you are anything like me, you can probably find an even cheaper way to make this!  Now, back to crafting I go!  What neat projects are you working on right now?  I can always use some more inspiration, so do share...Thanks for stopping by:)  

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment