Sunday, July 13, 2014

Homemade RAINBOW Crayons~DIY Kids Art Fun!

Pin It



Who loves crayons?? I DO, I DO!!  I have always been a big fan of coloring, especially more in my childhood years.  Oh, how I would have loved to have some super fun and cool crayons like these when I was a kid. 

So, being the DIY and craft-OBSESSED mama that I am, I am ALWAAAAYS searching Pinterest for fresh, fun ideas for my lil dude.  I have come across numerous "pins" for this idea, with different variations...some using plain muffin tins, some using silicon baking pans with fun shapes, and others using cool cookie cutters to mold their crayons.  I simply used my good 'ol muffin tin with cupcake wrappers.  

So, are ya ready to get your bake on??  

To get started, all you need to do is preheat your oven to 265 degrees, gather all your new or old broken crayons, and follow steps in the picture below...fyi, its much easier to get the wrappers off by taking a sharp knife and dragging it longways down the wrapper, then it peels right off.  BUT be careful, it can be easy to cut your finger, too.  I did not, but I can totally see the "finger cutting" potential! 


I baked mine for about 10 minutes, or until you see the crayons completely melted...then pop the pan in fridge until cooled.  Once cooled off, you are ready to pop them out of the molds!  I LOVE that i used cupcake liners, because they look like giant Reese's cups!  The textured edging gives it a fun look and feel...now all you...I mean, your child, has to do, is have fun coloring! :)


So, what kind of "mold" will you use for your kiddos Rainbow Crayons??  Have fun!

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment