Sunday, February 23, 2014

Brighten Up your Kitchen with these Two Easy DIY Projects!


Below, You will find the steps I did to vamp up my old, tired utensil holder...

 {First off, I forgot to take a "before" picture, but it was a dark, reddish-brown wood finish before the coat of spray paint.}
"Frog Tape Shape Tape"...ahhhhh, my new favorite invention!!

My first initial idea was to use my sponge pouncer to "outline" each side of the shape tape...


Buuuut, once I peeled it all off, it looked...well, like crap! NOT what I had envisioned in my head.  You know, when you have this absolutely brilliant idea, and it turns out to be a complete bummer?!?
So I just decided to go with it, and completely fill in the chevron...why not!? I am absolutely OBSESSED with anything Chevron anyway, so I just fed my addiction.
Added a lil' twine and DUNZO!



I think it turned out lovely:-) AND it goes great with my DIY kitchen containers, don't you think?!  I believe that things happen for a reason, and my "screw up" on this project worked out perfectly!
Not to mention, they go great with my DIY Chalkboard Canisters that I made about a year ago for our kitchen:)
 

I purchased these canisters and the ribbon from Hobby Lobby, half off ofcorse, and I already had the labels. This was such in an inexpensive and practical update to our kitchen....I constantly get compliments on them any time someone new comes to visit. 

 
What will you be doing to revamp your kitchen?  I would love to see!
Toodles!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment