Tuesday, January 21, 2014

DIY Monogram Wall Art

 
Hi There!  I must say, for my VERY FIRST project using my Silhouette Portrait {thanks to my awesome husband!!!}, I am impressed!  The entire project was cheap...I mean, really!  I must thank The Turquoise Home for her GREAT tutorial...I would have NEVER been able to do this as a first Silhouette project if it wasn't for her step-by-step tutorial, so thanks SO much!!
 
Below, you will find my step-by-step pictorial, using things I already had from home...even better, right?
 
This is a piece of pressed craft board I found from AC Moore, a while ago...
 
After spray painting it black, I then used Mod Podge to seal my monogram {made with my Silhouette Portrait}
  
 
Piece of cardboard from the back of one of my scrapbook paper stacks {12x12}
 
 
 
Piece of scrapbook paper...
 
 
All glued together...
 
 
These were purchased from Hobby Lobby...just happened to find them in my craft stash!
 
 
Bow made with lace burlap, with the center wrapped with twine and a piece of ribbon wedged in between the two...
 


 

 
 
I can't believe how thrifty this project was to make...I didn't have to run out and buy ANYTHING!  If you have a Silhouette and have the urge to make something budget~friendly, here is a beautiful addition for your household.  How lovely would these be for a newlywed couple? The gift ideas are endless...so, when will you make your Monogram Wall Art??
 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment