Friday, December 6, 2013

"Shabby-Glam" Monogram Ornaments!

 

"Shabby-GLAM"??  Why, yes!

 
I LOVE anything sparky, and I LOVE shabby-chic...so I created these "Shabby-Glamorous" tree ornaments.  They were so easy to make, a true "tutorial" is not necessary.  So I made a quick pic collage below of what I did to create these extremely frugal and simple~to~make ornaments.
Here is what you will need:
 
  • Small Wooden Laser-Cut Ornament Frames from Micheals {Located in the ornament isle in the craft section of the store}
  • Tiny Wooden Letters-I purchased mine from Hobby Lobby, they came in a bag
  • Glitter-I like using the real big chunky glitter, instead of fine glitter
  • Craft Paint
  • Glue
  • Scrapbook paper-This is the PERFECT time to use all those scraps you can't let go of...or am I the only one who hoards scraps??
 

  1. I glittered my ornaments by spraying my letters with spray adhesive, dipped them in the glitter then coated them with Mod Podge.
  2. I tried to stain my frames, but the color wasn't dark enough so I ended up painting them with a dark grey.
  3. I then lightly painted over the grey with white, so the grey would show through and give it that "antiqued" shabby look. 
  4. Cut out my scrapbook paper of choice, glued it to the back and then glued on my letters.  


 And THAT'S ALL, FOLKS!  You now have yourselves some Shabby-Chic, Glammed-up Monogram Ornaments!




These would be a great addition to any gift by using it as a gift tag, or gifts for co-workers, friends, family, etc. Did I mention, these unfinished ornaments cost less than $1 each??? {they were on sale for 40% off!!}The possibilities are endless:)  What scrapbook paper design would you choose?  Hmmm, chevron would be AWESOME!!  Have fun making your ornaments!

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment